
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Hamas has rejected Israel's latest proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza. An anonymous official said Hamas has decided not to follow up on Israel's latest proposal conveyed through mediators.
As quoted from Al Arabiya, they accused Israel of blocking proposals from Egypt and Qatar and attempting to thwart the agreement. Hamas officials urged the mediators and foreign countries to force Israel to commit to the mediators' proposals.
After a two-month ceasefire in Gaza and several weeks of failed negotiations to extend it, Israel has resumed its bombing and military attacks in Gaza since March 18, 2025. Israel claims that military pressure is the only way to force Hamas to release the remaining 60 hostages, whether alive or dead.
Egypt, Qatar, and the United States are trying to mediate a new ceasefire and secure the release of the remaining hostages. A senior Hamas official said on Saturday that the group had agreed to a new ceasefire proposal. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said Israel has responded to the proposal.
According to a Hamas official, the Egypt-Qatar proposal includes a 50-day ceasefire. One of the hostages to be released is five Israeli soldiers, including one American. In return, 250 Palestinians imprisoned by Israel will be released, including 150 serving life sentences.
Israel will also release 2,000 Palestinians captured by the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip since October 7, 2023, the date of the deadly Hamas attack that triggered the war.
According to Al Jazeera, as of Friday, April 3, 2025, at least 1,163 people have been killed in Gaza since Israel resumed its large-scale attacks on March 18. According to the Ministry of Health, the figure includes 97 people who died in the last 24 hours. The total death toll has reached 50,523 people since the war began on October 7, 2023.
After a ceasefire lasting about two months, Israel resumed its military campaign in Gaza on March 18. Since then, new bombings and ground attacks have killed more than 1,000 Palestinians.
Editor's Choice: Celebrating Eid al-Fitr in Conflict Zones: A look at Palestine, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Israeli Soldier Suffering from Severe Trauma Linked to Gaza War Jailed in Military Prison
5 jam lalu

Instead of undergoing mental rehabilitation, an Israeli soldier has been imprisoned due to experiencing severe stress.
Celebrating Eid al-Fitr in Conflict Zones: A look at Palestine, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon
7 jam lalu

Eid al-Fitr is celebrated with joy around the world, but not in the conflict zones of the Middle East, which are under attack by Israel and the U.S.
Amnesty International Calls on Hungary to Arrest Israel's Netanyahu in Upcoming Visit
10 jam lalu

Amnesty International calls on Hungary to carry out the ICC's arrest warrant against Benjamin Netanyahu.
Israel's Bezalel Smotrich Resigns as Finance Minister
2 hari lalu

Religious Zionism Party of Israel cites 'violation of agreements' by Ben-Gvir as the main reason for Bezalel Smotrich's resignation
Tears of Eid: Ongoing Israeli Strikes in Gaza Claim Dozens of Lives
3 hari lalu

Eid al-Fitr celebration in Gaza is marked by Israeli attacks. Gaza residents perform Eid al-Fitr prayers on the ruins of rubble.
For the Sake of Children, Mothers in Gaza Bring Joy Ahead of Eid al-Fitr
3 hari lalu

Residents of Gaza and Palestine celebrate Eid al-Fitr this year on Sunday, March 30, 2025.
Red Crescent Finds Bodies of Gaza Medics Killed in Israeli Attack, 8 Still Missing
6 hari lalu

Israeli military launched an air and ground assault in Tel al-Sultan, southern Gaza, killing civilians and paramedics.
Indonesian Gov't Denies Israeli Media Reports on Plan to Relocate Gazans
7 hari lalu

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia clarifies the news about 100 Gazan citizens who are planned to be relocated to Indonesia.
Israeli Media Report Claims 100 Gaza Residents Will Be Relocated to Indonesia
7 hari lalu

Israeli media reports that 100 Gaza residents will be flown to Indonesia as part of a pilot program to encourage voluntary migration of Palestinians.
Hamas Confirms Death of Spokesperson in Israeli Airstrike
7 hari lalu

Hamas spokesperson Abdel-Latif al-Qanoua was killed in an Israeli air strike.