November 14, 2025 | 04:56 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A deadly landslide struck Cibeunying Village, Majenang Sub-district, Cilacap Regency, Central Java, on the night of Thursday, November 13, 2025. So far, three landslide victims have been found deceased.
Based on data from the Central Java Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), the three deceased victims were identified as Julia Lestari (20), Maya Dwi Lestari (15), and Yuni (45), all residents of Tarukahan Hamlet, Cibeunying Village.
Meanwhile, 20 other residents remain unaccounted for (still missing). They include 13 residents of Cibuyut Hamlet: Rastum, Rahma, Aca, Cahyanto, Kasri, Zahra, Nilna, Asmanto, Isna, Isna's child, Dani, and Dani's child.
The remaining missing victims are from Tarukahan Hamlet: Nina, Fani, Fatin, Lilis, Danu, and Lilis's child.
“The joint evacuation team, including the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas), is still working to search for the landslide victims and is making maximum effort,” said Bergas Catur Penanggungan, the head of the Central Java BPBD.
The landslide occurred after heavy rain hit the area last Thursday, affecting residential areas in the hilly terrain.
Search and Rescue Operations
Earlier, Abdul Muhari, head of the National Disaster Management Agency's (BNPB) Data, Information, and Communication Center, stated that the joint team swiftly launched a search and evacuation operation shortly after receiving information about the landslide around 8:00 p.m. local time yesterday evening.
The BNPB confirmed that preliminary data showed a total of 49 residents were affected by the disaster. Of those, two were evacuated in critical condition, three were injured, 23 were found safe, and 21 others were missing and being searched for.
Abdul mentioned that as of 3:00 a.m. local time, 21 people were still missing. Furthermore, heavy equipment was deployed this morning to expedite the search and rescue process. “The search efforts continue to be maximized because we are still within the golden time,” he said, as quoted by Antara on Friday, November 14, 2025.
According to reports from field officers, he added, the landslide, covering hundreds of meters, instantly destroyed 12 residential houses across the Cibuyut, Cibeunying, and Tarukahan areas.
The BNPB urged the entire search and rescue team and the local community to remain vigilant against the potential for secondary landslides, as light to moderate rain is still forecast to occur throughout Majenang Sub-district until Sunday, November 16, 2025.
“We are continuously monitoring the weather and advising the public to avoid areas prone to landslides. Safety is our top priority,” Abdul stated.
Editor's Choice: Freeport Indonesia Mines Resume Operations After Deadly Landslide
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Freeport Indonesia Mines Resume Operations After Deadly Landslide
6 jam lalu

While the landslide did not directly affect DMLZ or Big Gossan, Freeport halted all underground activities to ensure worker safety.
Thousands Affected as Flash Floods Sweep Indonesia's Bima Region
2 hari lalu

Thousands affected by flash floods and strong winds in West Nusa Tenggara, as heavy rain continues to pose a threat.
Victim Count in Papua's Nduga Flash Floods Rises to 23 Missing
9 hari lalu

The number of residents missing due to flash floods in Nduga, Papua's mountainous region, has increased from 15 to 23 victims.
Floods Submerge Several Districts in South Jakarta
14 hari lalu

Heavy rain fell across the South Jakarta area from noon until late afternoon on Thursday, October 30, 2025.
BNPB: All Bodies Recovered from Al Khoziny Islamic Boarding School Rubble
38 hari lalu

The BNPB estimates that there are 63 victims buried under the rubble of Al Khoziny Islamic boarding school's musholla in Sidoarjo.
Death Toll Rises to 60 in East Java School Collapse
38 hari lalu

The joint Search and Rescue (SAR) team is still searching for victims of the building collapse in the East Java school, as 3 people remain missing.
Freeport Mine Landslide Evacuation Completed; 7 Workers Confirmed Dead
38 hari lalu

The landslide at PT Freeport Indonesia's Grasberg Block Cave underground mine occurred on Monday night, September 8, 2025.
PT Freeport Indonesia Recovers Three Bodies from Grasberg Mine Landslide
39 hari lalu

PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) announced that its emergency response team recovered today the bodies of three workers who died in a landslide incident.
One Worker Found Dead in Freeport Indonesia Mine Incident
39 hari lalu

The landslide at PT Freeport Indonesia's Grasberg Block Cave underground mine occurred late Monday night, September 8, 2025.
BNPB: Rescuers Find 118 After Indonesian School Building Collapse, 14 Dead
41 hari lalu

A joint Search and Rescue (SAR) team is still conducting the evacuation process for the deceased victims under the rubble of Al Khoziny Islamic boarding school's building.















































