November 18, 2025 | 07:51 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Ministry of Social Affairs has reactivated social aid for 7,200 beneficiaries who were previously removed from the program due to their involvement in online gambling. Minister of Social Affairs, Saifullah Yusuf, asserts that these individuals deserve a second chance.
He stated that these individuals are in desperate need and thus require assistance. "The issue is really crucial. If they don't need it, we wouldn't consider it," said Gus Ipul (the minister's nickname), speaking from the Ministry of Social Affairs office on Tuesday afternoon, November 18, 2025.
Gus Ipul elaborated that 600,000 people were initially removed from the list of social aid recipients after the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center (PPATK) flagged and blocked their accounts for involvement in online gambling. Out of the 200,000 beneficiaries who reapplied for reactivation, only 7,500 were deemed eligible for the aid.
The remaining applicants are still undergoing a verification process. Gus Ipul claimed that the Ministry of Social Affairs implemented a strict selection process to grant a second chance to former beneficiaries involved in online gambling.
He mentioned that the final decision regarding eligibility would be made soon after the completion of a comprehensive evaluation. "We are currently evaluating and will soon determine whether they will be eligible to receive the aid again," he confirmed.
The Minister of Social Affairs guaranteed that each reactivated social aid recipient would be subject to multiple layers of supervision. The government will mobilize the Social Office and village facilitators to directly monitor the use of the aid funds.
Furthermore, the Ministry of Social Affairs would collaborate with the PPATK to conduct a re-audit of their accounts over the next six months.
Gus Ipul emphasized that this second chance represents their final opportunity to receive social aid. He warned that if they were detected gambling again, their names would be permanently removed from the list of social aid recipients. "We will no longer provide aid for beneficiaries like that," he stressed.
Editor's Choice: Social Affairs Minister: 100,000 Seniors to Receive Free Nutritious Meals Next Year
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Social Affairs Minister: 100,000 Seniors to Receive Free Nutritious Meals Next Year
5 hari lalu

Unlike the free nutritious meals managed by the National Nutrition Body, the ministry's initiative will be overseen by community groups.
Over 35 Million Indonesian Households Receive Social Assistance, Says Minister
10 hari lalu

All regular social assistance recipients have been verified, so the aid distribution has been carried out gradually
Indonesian Gov't Efforts to Combat Online Gambling Still Ineffective, Says Minister
13 hari lalu

Minister Yusril Ihza Mahendra believes that Indonesian gov't efforts in past year have been suboptimal in preventing & combating online gambling
Thousands of Indonesians in Philippines Control Online Gambling Rings Coordinated from Cambodia, Says Official
14 hari lalu

Coordinating Minister Yusril revealed that thousands of Indonesian citizens in the Philippines are involved in controlling online gambling operations.
Police Arrest Six Suspects in Rp200 Billion Bank Jakarta System Breach
14 hari lalu

The alleged hacking attack on Bank Jakarta, which occurred in late March 2025, resulted in anomalous transactions exceeding Rp200 billion.
Prabowo Orders Police Chief to Prioritize Crackdown on Drugs, Smuggling, and Online Gambling
19 hari lalu

Prabowo considers these three problems a serious threat to the nation's future and must be addressed thoroughly.
Indonesia's Online Gambling Deposits Reach Rp17 Trillion During January-June 2025, Says Gov't
27 hari lalu

Indonesian gov't states that online gambling had emerged as a real threat to the national economy and the future of the younger generation.
Indonesian Govt Blocks 23,000 Online Gambling-Linked Bank Accounts
35 hari lalu

The Minister of Communication and Digital, Meutya Viada Hafid, coordinates with OJK to block 23,929 bank accounts affiliated with online gambling.
Indonesia May Resume 2025 BSU Wage Subsidy, Here Are the Requirements
46 hari lalu

The Ministry of Finance is considering the possibility of continuing the disbursement of wage subsidy assistance (BSU) in the third and fourth quarters of this year.
PPATK Calls for "Follow the Money" Crackdown on Indonesian Child Sexual Exploitation
46 hari lalu

The indicator of suspicious transactions can be a tool for law enforcement to detect the practice of child sexual exploitation in Indonesia.














































