November 13, 2025 | 12:30 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Task Force for Handling the Hazard of Radiation from Cesium-137 Radionuclide announced that the decontamination of the PT Charoen Pokphand Indonesia factory has been completed. The factory was one of the industrial facilities contaminated with radioactivity. "Declared clean and clear," said Bara Krishna Hasibuan, the Chairman of the Diplomacy and Communication Division of the Cesium-137 Task Force, in a written statement on Wednesday, November 12, 2025.
Bara stated that the government has notified owners of industrial facilities to resume normal activity upon completion of the decontamination process. Bara noted that all products produced are safe for consumption.
In addition to PT Charoen Pokphand, Bara said that the government has completed the decontamination of all factories contaminated with Cesium-137. During a working meeting with the House of Commission VII (DPR), the Ministry of Industry revealed that 24 factories were contaminated with Cesium-137.
The following is a list of 24 companies contaminated with radioactivity.
1. PT Bahari Makmur Sejati
2. PT Vita Prodana Mandiri
3. PT Ever Loyal Copper
4. PT Nikomas Gemilang
5. PT Kanemory/Food Service
6. PT Hightech Grand Indonesia
7. PT Citra Baru Steel
8. PT Charoen Pokphand Indonesia
9. PT Jongka Indonesia
10. PT Valero Metals Jaya
11. PT Peter Metal Technology
12. PT Kabatama Raya
13. PT Universal Eco Pacific
14. PT Growth Nusantara Industry
15. PT New Asia Pacific Copper Indonesia
16. PT Sinta Baja Jaya
17. PT Asa Bintang Pratama
18. PT O.M. Indonesia
19. PT Crown Steel
20. PT Cahaya Logam Cipta Murni
21. PT Zhongtian Metal Indonesia
22. PT Sentosa Harmony Steel, formerly PT Hwa
23. PT Ediral Tritunggal Perkasa
24. PT Luckione Environment Science Hok Steel Indonesia
The Director General of Metal, Machinery, Transportation Equipment, and Electronics Industry of the Ministry of Industry, Setia Diarta, said that as of October 30, 2025, the Cesium-137 Task Force had completed the decontamination at 22 factories in the Cikande industrial area in Serang, Banten.
However, as of Monday, November 10, 2025, Setia stated that 12 points are outside the contaminated industrial area. Of these points, Setia said that the task force is currently conducting decontamination.
Editor's Choice: US Returns Indonesian Shoes Over Radioactive Cesium-137 Contamination
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Walmart Ready to Help Restore Indonesia's Product Reputation After Cesium-137 Case
1 jam lalu

In addition to meeting with Walmart representatives, Indonesia's Cs-137 Task Force also held discussions with American seafood associations.
US Returns Indonesian Shoes Over Radioactive Cesium-137 Contamination
1 jam lalu

The return of two containers of allegedly contaminated shoes from the US to Indonesia due to the presence of radioactive Cesium-137
Industry Minister Declares Cikande Free of Cesium-137 Contamination
15 jam lalu

The official confirmation from the Bapeten signaled that the Cesium-137 exposure in the industrial zone is "no longer an issue."
Indonesia Reveals Chronology of Cesium-137 Discovery in Cloves Shipped to the US
1 hari lalu

The FDA in the US detected Cesium-137 in clove products imported from PT Natural Java Spice in Surabaya, Indonesia.
Indonesia Confident Shrimp Exports to Reach US$1.5bn in 2026 Despite Contamination Mishap
6 hari lalu

Exports from Indonesia reached US$1.3 billion from January-September 2025, a 17.5 percent increase from the same period last year.
Indonesia Targets 200 Shrimp Containers for U.S. Export After Safety Upgrades
6 hari lalu

This follows an initial successful shrimp shipment on October 31, 2025, which totaled 106 tons and was valued at US$1.2 million.
Indonesia Closes Tanjung Perak Port as Radioactive Cloves Returned from US
9 hari lalu

Bapeten inspected containers and cloves produced by PT NJS suspected to be contaminated with radioactive Cs-137 in Tanjung Perak Port, Surabaya.
How Far Along is the Task Force on Cikande's Cs-137 Decontamination?
10 hari lalu

All task force officers in Cikande were strictly adhering to radiation safety standards and cross-agency protocols.
Indonesia Moves 426 Tons of Cesium-137 Waste to Temporary Storage Site
14 hari lalu

BRIN said the Cesium-137 waste will remain in storage until the radioactive contamination naturally decays.
Samator Indo Assures Gas Products in Cikande Are Free from Cesium-137 Contamination
14 hari lalu

Samator Indo Gas ensures the safety of its operations amidst the discovery of radioactive Cesium-137 in the Cikande Modern Industrial Zone.









































