Gaza Death Toll in Israeli Genocide Rises to 61,100, Including 193 Died of Starvation

3 weeks ago 12

August 6, 2025 | 11:28 pm

At least 61,158 Palestinians have been killed in the Israel's genocidal war in the Gaza Strip since October 2023, including 193 people who died of starvation, the Ministry of Health revealed on Wednesday, August 6, 2025, as reported by Anadolu.

A ministry statement mentioned that 138 bodies had been brought to hospitals in the last 24 hours, including 25 bodies of the victims of a truck aid accident in central Gaza. Meanwhile, 771 people were injured, bringing the total number of casualties to 151,442 in the Israeli onslaught.

The ministry also stated that five more people died of starvation and malnutrition in the past day, bringing the total death toll since October 2023 to 193 people, including 96 children.

Jordan reported that Israeli settlers attacked an aid convoy heading to Gaza on Wednesday in the second incident in a few days. Amman accused Israel of failing to take firm action to prevent repeated attacks.

The convoy, carrying 30 humanitarian aid trucks, experienced a delayed arrival that violated the signed agreement, government spokesperson Mohammad al-Momani said, as reported by Al Arabiya.

“This requires a serious Israeli intervention and no leniency in dealing with those who obstruct these convoys,” Momani said.

Gaza authorities' report noted that 87 Palestinians died and another 570 were injured while seeking humanitarian aid in the last day, bringing the total number of Palestinians who died while seeking aid to 1,655, with over 11,800 others injured since May 27.

Israel has imposed a blockade on Gaza for 18 years and, since March 2, has closed all crossings, blocking the entry of humanitarian aid and worsening conditions for the 2.4 million inhabitants of the area.

According to the Gaza Government Media Office, Israel has only allowed the entry of 843 aid trucks since July 27 - far below the 6,000 trucks needed to meet the daily needs of the population for 10 days.

The Israeli army resumed its attack in the Gaza Strip on March 18 and has since killed 9,754 people and injured 39,401 others, shattering the ceasefire and prisoner exchange agreement in effect since January.

Last November, the International Criminal Court (ICC) issued arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces a genocide case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) for its war in the enclave.

Editor’s Choice: Tragedy Strikes as Aid Truck Overturns in Gaza, Killing at Least 20

Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News



Pro-Gaza Protests in Greece Lead to Evacuation of Israeli Embassy Staff

57 menit lalu

Pro-Gaza Protests in Greece Lead to Evacuation of Israeli Embassy Staff

Israeli embassy staff in Greece have been evacuated from their homes in Athens following protests and escalating anger over the genocide in Gaza.


Tragedy Strikes as Aid Truck Overturns in Gaza, Killing at Least 20

1 jam lalu

Tragedy Strikes as Aid Truck Overturns in Gaza, Killing at Least 20

The incident occurred as the victims and a large number of Palestinian residents gathered in central Gaza to seek food and basic supplies.


Trump Says It Is 'Pretty Much Up to Israel' Whether to Occupy Gaza

6 jam lalu

Trump Says It Is 'Pretty Much Up to Israel' Whether to Occupy Gaza

Donald Trump declares that the decision to occupy the entire Gaza is fully in the hands of Israel. He emphasizes that his main focus is to provide food aid to the Palestinian people.


Netanyahu vs IDF: Rift Forms in Israeli Govt over Gaza Onslaught Expansion

6 jam lalu

Netanyahu vs IDF: Rift Forms in Israeli Govt over Gaza Onslaught Expansion

Benjamin Netanyahu declares Israel's intention to fully occupy the Gaza Strip, leading to international and domestic responses regarding the escalating situation.


Israeli Player Shon Weissman Dropped by German Club Over Gaza War Comments

10 jam lalu

Israeli Player Shon Weissman Dropped by German Club Over Gaza War Comments

The move of Israeli player Shon Weissman to Fortuna Duesseldorf has been cancelled due to his social media post about the conflict in Gaza, which sparked anger among the fans.


"Humiliating and Ineffective": Criticisms Follow as Countries Airdrop Aid into Gaza

1 hari lalu

"Humiliating and Ineffective": Criticisms Follow as Countries Airdrop Aid into Gaza

Several countries, including Jordan, the UAE, France, and Canada, have sent humanitarian assistance to Gaza by air to address the food crisis resulting from the ongoing Israeli blockade.


Israeli PM Netanyahu Reportedly Aims to Control Entire Gaza

1 hari lalu

Israeli PM Netanyahu Reportedly Aims to Control Entire Gaza

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to hold a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, August 5, 2025, to make a final decision.


UK's Royal Ballet and Opera Cancels Israel Production After Staff Protest

1 hari lalu

UK's Royal Ballet and Opera Cancels Israel Production After Staff Protest

The National Opera of Israel has since removed all references to the Royal Opera House from its website.


U.S. Reverses Policy Linking Disaster Funds to Anti-Israel Boycott

1 hari lalu

U.S. Reverses Policy Linking Disaster Funds to Anti-Israel Boycott

The U.S. government triggers strong reactions from various parties including the MAGA front with policy that links disaster funds with Israel boycotts


Netanyahu Reportedly Weighing Military Operation to Free Israeli Hostages

2 hari lalu

Netanyahu Reportedly Weighing Military Operation to Free Israeli Hostages

The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering a military option to free Israeli hostages still held in the Gaza Strip.


Read Entire Article
International | Nasional | Metropolitan | Kota | Sports | Lifestyle |