November 29, 2025 | 12:16 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia (KJRI) in Hong Kong has stated that seven Indonesian citizens died in the Hong Kong fire.
"Based on coordination with the Hong Kong Police Force, up to this point, the total number of Indonesian citizens who have died due to the apartment fire is 7 people," as stated in a written release received by Antara in Jakarta, on Saturday, November 29, 2025.
KJRI Hong Kong also stated that all the victims are Indonesian migrant domestic workers (PMI) in the domestic sector.
Through the consolidation of labor data and direct field verification conducted by KJRI Hong Kong, it was noted that approximately 140 Indonesian citizens, all of whom are domestic sector PMIs, are working in the Wang Fuk Court residential area.
"From this total, 61 of them have been confirmed in their whereabouts and condition, including the deceased Indonesian citizens/PMIs. Meanwhile, the whereabouts and condition of the other 79 Indonesian citizens/PMIs are still under verification," as stated by KJRI Hong Kong.
KJRI Hong Kong has stated that the competent authorities are still identifying the bodies, and the KJRI is cooperating with them regarding the bodies' handling.
In addition, KJRI has provided logistical assistance to several shelter locations and opened a post at the Tai Po Community Center as a distribution center for aid.
KJRI continues to actively monitor developments and follow up on the situation in the field, coordinate with local authorities, and establish additional emergency service posts, including those related to passport services.
Previously, it was reported that two Indonesian citizens died and two Indonesian citizens were injured as a result of the fire in Hong Kong, all of whom were Indonesian migrant domestic workers in the domestic sector.
On Wednesday, a major fire broke out in the Wang Fuk Court residential complex in Hong Kong, and by Friday night, the number of casualties had reached 128 people dead and 79 injured.
KJRI Hong Kong has stated that the Hong Kong authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire, and so far, a total of 11 people have been implicated and detained with charges of manslaughter.
Manslaughter in the context of criminal law refers to actions that cause the death of another person without full intent.
Editor's Choice: Indonesian Citizen Affected by Hong Kong Fire Discharged from Hospital, Says Ministry
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Indonesian Citizen Affected by Hong Kong Fire Discharged from Hospital, Says Ministry
19 jam lalu

The Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that there are four Indonesian citizens who have become victims of the fire in Hong Kong. Two have died and two are being treated.
Hong Kong Fire Update: Death Toll Rises to 94, Hundreds Still Missing
22 jam lalu

Officials are preparing to end search and rescue operations following what has become the Hong Kong's deadliest blaze in nearly eight decades.
10 Popular Street Foods in Hong Kong
1 hari lalu

From the enticing scent of egg waffles to curry fish balls, the variety of Hong Kong street food offers a simple yet nostalgic culinary experience.
Hong Kong Fire Update: Death Toll Climbs to 65
1 hari lalu

The worst fire in six decades in Hong Kong took place in a residential complex with thousands of residents.
Two Indonesians Killed in Hong Kong High-Rise Fire
1 hari lalu

The Foreign Ministry confirmed that all Indonesian victims of the Hong Kong fire, both deceased and injured, are domestic-sector migrant workers.
Indonesian Consulate Monitors, Assists Citizens After Hong Kong High-Rise Fire
1 hari lalu

The Indonesian Consulate General in Hong Kong continues to monitor the situation of Indonesian nationals, following a large fire that struck a high-rise residential complex, claiming the lives of 44 people.
FBI and Hong Kong Police Attaches Present at Indonesia's Regional Police Unit Gathering
2 hari lalu

Seven police officers from friendly countries were among the ten people invited by the Indonesian National Police.
Hong Kong Fire: Nearly 300 Missing as Fire Continues to Burn
2 hari lalu

Hong Kong authorities were searching for survivors as firefighters worked to put out the blaze.
Hong Kong: Fire Engulfs High-Rise Building, at Least 13 Dead
2 hari lalu

Firefighters try to douse fires at a residential building complex in Tai Po district. Local authorities say at least 13 people have died in the fire.
Indonesian Police Invite Hong Kong Officers to Explain Protest-Handling Tactics
4 hari lalu

The Indonesian police (Polri) invited the Hong Kong Police to attend the 2025 Regional Unit Chief (Kasatwil) Parade at the Police Mobile Brigade HQ in Cikeas, Bogor, West Java.














































